109 Washington Street
Built in 1886 and designed by architect, John P. Lee. This 16-unit tenement
housed hundreds of people of more than thirteen nationalities in the first sixty years of the building’s existence — Austrian, Slovakian, Scottish, Irish, Hungarian, Russian, Lithuanian, Italian, Polish, Czech, German, Yugoslavian, and American. It houses tenants to this day with a restaurant on the ground floor.